Don’t Miss Hawley Winterfest December 7th thru 9th, 2018
Come on out to Hawley Winterfest 2018 – the town’s biggest event of the year, for an event-filled weekend that’s sure to get you in the holiday spirit! Celebrating the arrival of the holiday season, Hawley Winterfest is a beloved tradition among the locals and visitors alike since 1999. Charming Downtown Hawley is festively decorated from storefront to lamp post. The event will include over Christmas-themed activities taking place over the course of the weekend. Get into the Christmas spirit and enjoy an endless list of fun things to do that the entire family will enjoy. Listen to traditional carols by the internationally acclaimed Virgin Consort, tour historic homes decorated for the holiday season, enjoy memorable seasonal culinary experiences and jazz performances, take a horse-drawn carriage ride (hopefully in the snow), witness incredible ice-carving demonstrations, take the Winterfest beer tour, and of course, shop til you drop for wonderful Christmas items at the artisan fair at the Hawley Silk Mill and local shops around town. The list of fun activities goes on and on. Hawley’s biggest event of the year, Winterfest 2018 takes place December 7th through the 9th – celebrating its 20th season!
The Virgin Consort
Time: Friday, Dec 7th at 8:00 PM
Location: Hawley United Methodist Church | Church St.
The internationally acclaimed organist and conductor, Kyler Brown, returns to Hawley with the melodic talents of his Virgin Consort! The elegant blend of traditional and Victorian carols, medieval & renaissance sacred works, sung by an ensemble of 8 superb voices.
Tour of Historic Homes of Dorflinger Glass
Location: Dorflinger Factory Museum
Time: Dec 8, 2018, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The 2018 Historic House Tour is an unprecedented opportunity to view four homes, all in some fashion related to the Dorflinger Glass Factory, the legacy of White Mills. The homes include Dorflinger Family Houses along with several of the charming Glass Workers Cottages and all will be festively decorated for the holidays. You will see first hand the history of these houses, the factory that created the community, and hear the stories of years gone by from the owners who have preserved these treasures in the White Mills community. Homes are not handicap accessible. House tour ticket includes admission to Dorflinger Factory Museum and Historic White Mills Firehouse. Advance tickets available for $20 at the Dorflinger Factory Museum, Hawley Library or online at http://hawleywinterfest.com/buy-tickets.
Holiday Artisans’ Fair
Location: Hawley Silk Mill | 8 Silk Mill Dr.
Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Art on the Edge is proud to host the juried art fair at The Hawley Silk Mill. Enjoy original artwork and unique crafts by established and emerging regional artists. The fair is the perfect place to find one-of-a-kind gifts for the holidays. Art on the Edge is Hawley Silk Mill’s own contemporary art shop. The 5,000 square foot space also doubles as a gallery, showcasing the most dynamic masterpieces from local artists.
For more info about Hawley Winterfest 2018 Events:
PO Box 584 | Hawley, PA, 18428 |570.226.2141
The Charming Town of Hawley, PA
Situated on Lackawaxen River, the charming town of Hawley is located just north of Lake Wallenpaupack, about 20 miles west of the New York border, and is just 95 miles from the New York City and Philadelphia metro areas. Hawley is a relaxed, unpretentious town which is part of its appeal. The town got its name from Irad Hawley, the first president of the Pennsylvania Coal Company. The original residents of Hawley helped to transport coal as it made its way from Pennsylvania mines to New York markets in the mid-1800s, from their location on the Delaware & Hudson Canal and gravity railroad.
Today, Hawley is better known for its charm and easy going vibe and for having Pennsylvania’s third-largest artificial lake in its backyard. Lake Wallenpaupack is a 5,700-acre lake that stretches more than 13 miles across Pike and Wayne counties. The Pennsylvania Power and Light Co. built this lake in 1927 to generate hydroelectric power for the region. Six recreation areas dot more than 50 miles of shoreline, where residents and visitors alike enjoy boating, camping, fishing, swimming, and skiing. Outdoor enthusiasts can also enjoy hiking, horseback riding, tennis on lighted public courts, state parks and wildlife sanctuaries or tee off at the Cricket Hill Golf Club just 15 minutes away. The natural beauty of the area perfectly enhances all the fun-filled activities that are available in Hawley. Rich in culture and history, Hawley also boasts excellent summer theaters, art galleries, museums, and wonderful historical buildings and landmarks.
Hawley PA Homes for sale and Real Estate
When it comes to Hawley PA homes for sale and real estate, the short drive from New York is especially appealing to prospective buyers as property taxes in Pennsylvania tend to be around 20% to 25% less than those in New York towns that are only a half an hour away. Alicia Kowalik, Hawley PA REALTOR®, and Lake Wallenpaupack area real estate expert, would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about available Hawley PA real estate!
From rustic cabins and houses on private gravel roads to renovated Victorians in town, to gorgeous, multi-million dollar lakefront homes with breathtaking views, top Hawley PA REALTOR – Alicia Kowalik can help you find the ideal home or property for your specific requirements and lifestyle. Call Alicia today for more information about the charming town of Hawley and available homes for sale. 570-470-5076
More About Hawley, PA
Hawley’s business district is primarily on Main Avenue, which consists of about only four blocks of a mix of businesses. Shopping venues in Hawley include The Potting Shed at Settlers Inn, Timely Treasures, Van Gorder’s, Teeter’s Furniture, Miss Ellie’s Antiques, and Looking Glass Gallery. Three great restaurants in Hawley you’ll want to experience include The Settlers Inn Restaurant, The Dock on Wallenpaupack, and Glass-wine.bar.kitchen at Ledges Hotel. Toward the end of Church Street, you will find the beautifully painted First Presbyterian Church and renovated hundred-year-old homes at one end of town. Anchoring the other end of town is Bingham Park, offering a peaceful view of the river and a quaint bandstand built in 1932. The park is surrounded by the Lackawaxen River and historic homes. Bingham Park offers baseball fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, a skate park, picnic tables, and a children’s playground. Also in Hawley is Riverside Park, offering a baseball field and walking trails.
Points of Interest to explore:
- Lake Wallenpaupack is a huge draw for those who enjoy fishing, boating, swimming and driving snowmobiles on it as the seasons change. The lake has four public-access launching areas, and there is a public swimming beach in nearby Palmyra Township.
- The Hotel Belvidere is a historical hotel located on Main Street in Downtown Hawley. Set in a landmark redbrick building dating from 1902, this modest hotel is a 3-minute walk from the Lackawaxen River. “The Ridge” restaurant is located on premise and features authentic Italian cuisine and grilled specialty items along with a lounge, perfect for unwinding after a busy day.
- The Silk Mill in Hawley The mill has been a vital part of this community since its construction in 1880. Its many incarnations over the years have included a silk factory, a textile factory, and
antiquecenter. The repurposed factory is a center that celebrates the lifestyle of the Pocono Lake Region. It’s the perfect place for the residents and visitors alike to shop, gather, eat, exercise, and learn.
- Woodloch Resort – Regarded as one of America’s “Best Inclusive Family Resorts”. Woodloch has been family owned and operated since 1958. Woodloch resort offers abundant amenities, a championship golf course, nightly entertainment, and one of the world’s best destination spas.
- The Lodge at Woodloch – Just two miles down the road from Woodloch Pines and directly across the street from Woodloch Springs sits one of the world’s best destination spas, The Lodge at Woodloch. The Lodge offers choices for relaxation, fitness and wellness classes, outdoor adventures, creative discovery workshops, cooking demonstrations, and wine tastings as well as opportunities for personal development through unique speakers and events.
- Ledges Hotel – This historic boutique hotel surrounded by gorges and Paupack High Falls is within walking distance to the Hawley Silk Mill and a 10-minute walk from the Lackawaxen River. A lounge with a fireplace and decks overlooks the surrounding gorges, and seating is available in a walled garden. There’s also a fine-dining restaurant “Glass” with patio seating. The history of the O’Connor Glass Factory accents the decor of dining room areas with original glass mold prints and displays incorporating the historical features of Ledges Hotel.
- The Ritz Company Playhouse – Once a movie and vaudeville theatre, The Playhouse features the Ritz Players, a group of volunteer community theatre enthusiasts offering LIVE theatre productions in the Hawley/Lake Wallenpaupack area. Other program schedules include musical concerts, barbershop quartets, Old Time Fiddlers, dance groups, ballet companies, college theatre companies, and children’s magic shows. Internationally known authors have also made presentations on the Ritz stage.
- Harmony Presents – Since 2013, Harmony Presents has showcased hundreds of quality musical discoveries in genres like folk, bluegrass, funk, jazz, klezmer, old-time, pop/rock, blues, Celtic, world, bluegrass as well as in genres not yet defined. The vast majority of these performances have taken place in Hawley.
Partner with A Top Hawley PA Real Estate Agent – Alicia Kowalik
Whether you are interested in Hawley PA homes for sale or thinking about selling your current property, experience matters most in a changing market. For sellers, your agent should know how to act swiftly and decisively to get you the highest price. Alicia will get your property SOLD and get you the best market price in the least amount of time possible.
For buyers, Alicia will uncover the right property based on your specific home criteria and help facilitate a smooth and successful transaction. By partnering with Alicia, you’ll be able to navigate the real estate market with confidence, knowing that you are making the best possible decisions on your Hawley PA real estate investment.